Wednesday 17 March 2010

A space to B

On my 21st birthday my godfather wrote to me signing off from his duties, and gave me some advice: 'The important thing is to be happy, for that means you are being sensible and creative; and to make others happy, for that means that you are a rounded and thoughtful human being.'
To be happy and to infer happiness is not only important, it is the main gift we have to give and to receive as human beings. Frequently I find that being reasonable, creative, and having opportunities to be thoughtful is joyful- as well as being practical, logical and what is needed!

There was a deep sense of joy today- acceptance of what was presented happened peacefully. I watched judgements come up and be let go of. There were even brief experiences of freedom, experiences which came in sharing smiles with strangers, feeling sunshine SPILL across the wide sky, walking slowly through the streets, seeing the invisible beggars, elderly and unfashionable, and seeing Spring open its heart again. The misconception here is that freedom is brief but it is in fact a permanent culture-conscious culture. To cultivate it I must nurture that within me which witnesses creation, clears my vision and strengthens my discrimination- the practice of being.

I am once again looking forward to sharing the journey with you.

No comments:

Post a Comment