Wednesday 17 March 2010

Distillation

I am deeply grateful for the time to be. The time without ideas or destinations or strategies- when the only real activity is to let go, to keep letting go.

I find myself sitting by the Serpentine in London and as I sit, seagulls swoop and flock across the water...lifting together like a heavy cloud before dissolving away from each other and filling the sky with specks. Across the water the sun hits bright metal on the inline skater's skates as he dances through and round and in between his markers. Londoners and foreigners and dogs; people on bikes, people on phones and people in boats travel passed my bench- moving, on their way. It is only just Spring, but optimism has been rediscovered in the simple fact we can be outdoors without shivering.

And I am fulfilled by the chance to just watch: patterns and rhythm, sounds and colours, life in motion- it is enough to see, to have seen, before re-entering the play,

No comments:

Post a Comment