Wednesday 18 November 2009

Out of the Blue

The phone rang. I picked it up and it was Remy. My first reaction was slightly shocked.

Over the last few weeks he has come to mind often. I have questioned what unity really is if I couldn't find a way to connect with this man, but I have also known that I couldn't reach out to someone who was being threatening. You might remember, he had suggested that people I knew might also be involved in the conspiracy against him and that as a private spy, I could bring them to settle with him over the £millions he felt he was owed.

Well, he has since undergone cognitive behavioural therapy and rang to apologise. He rang to apologise for his anger, for the endless conspiracy theories he had insisted were true. Whilst he still feels there is an injustice to be righted, the sound in his voice was one of reason, one of practical understanding. He knows how far he has come to face his demons, and that there is further to go, but to have seen even that is quite exceptional.

It is a small miracle that has taken me beyond my small world of frustrations and busyness to connect with someone who's inner work continues to blow me away.

No comments:

Post a Comment